Welcome to week 5 of the One Room Challenge! By now, you know that we are almost to the finish line. There are seven days left to get the room done. Make sure to check out the progress from all the featured and guest bloggers too. You can check out my previous updates below:
(This post contains affiliate links. This means if you click the link and buy something, I may receive a small percentage of sales at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting Loveland Lodge!)
On Monday, I felt like I was making very little progress. But the good news is that today (Wednesday night), I’m feeling much better and can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I visited a few stores on Monday while I was off work, but I didn’t really find anything for the room. So I did what any woman does. Came home, loaded up my cart on Amazon and Target and hit “purchase.” Everything, minus picture frames and a headboard, should be here by Friday!
The new rug and rug pad look great! This rug is surprisingly soft for the price I paid (from Overstock). It definitely needs the pad, but for under $200 for an 8×10, I call it a win. I realized over the weekend that I needed some throw pillows for the sofa (pardon the wrinkled slip cover below!). Amazon to the rescue and these beauties arrived just in time for me to take a pic for this post.
The Ikea Rast received a new coat of navy paint (Naval by Sherwin Williams). I looked around for a smaller nightstand, but didn’t find anything I liked for the price I wanted to pay. I still think this is a little bulky for the space, but it will do for now.
I thought the below pic was too cute not to share. This is his “stop taking pictures and take me for a walk” look.
- Paint room (mostly done – still needs some touch-ups)
- Schedule electrician (Done!)
- Update outlets (Done!)
- Purchase bedding, pillows, slip cover and bed skirt (Done!)
- Find dresser, headboard and nightstand; paint/update if needed (Done, minus the headboard)
- Replace dog-eaten blinds (Done!)
- Fix cushions on sofa (Done!
- Possibly paint the closet & closet ceiling (TBD)
- Figure out wall decor (in process)
- Hang mirrors, wall decor (in process)
- Iron slip cover, bedskirt, pillow shams (I hate ironing)
See you next week!