Our current bar stools are Goodwill finds around $20 a piece. When I bought them, I knew I wouldn’t keep them forever, but the price and timing were right. I’m not quite ready to buy, but I figure you all can benefit from my window shopping. Given that we have plans to add some natural wood shelves in the kitchen, I’d like for the bar stools to pick up the wood. All of the below have a more modern farmhouse vibe, with a touch of industrial.
The other criteria include:
- Counter-height (though many of these also come in bar height)
- Are not backless. I like the look of stools, but since we use these daily, I really want them to be somewhat comfortable
- Wood seats
- Ideally priced under $100 per bar stool (though I went a little over for some of these)
Modern Farmhouse Bar Stools under $130
- Target Carlisle: The price is great on these at $129.99 for two, and the reviews are good too. Some of the reviews say they are a little narrow, but for my kitchen, that’s a good thing.
- LampsPlus Langdon: I admit that I often forget LampsPlus sells items besides lamps. This one popped up in my Google searches and I liked rounded backs.
- Target Bralton: I always have heart eyes for x-back chairs. Such pretty lines and reminds me of a French bistro. These would be a slam dunk for me ($99/chair), except they are 23 inches tall instead of 24 inches so might be a hair too short… time to measure.
- Target Franklin: With clean lines and light wood, these stand out. They might be too light for my kitchen, but they are oh so pretty. $119/stool
- ATG Stores Carolina Cottage: These are adjustable, which is always a good option to have. At $124, they are a little higher priced. Technically, I only need three stools so maybe I could stretch the budget a bit for these 😉
It will be awhile before I pull the trigger (currently have my sights set on the living room), but it’s always fun to look and get ideas. Do you have bar stools that you love?