Yup! It’s a two-post kind of day. After sharing my home goals earlier today, I wanted to share a quick DIY from the fall One Room Challenge.
One of the biggest eyesores in our laundry room (well, besides the water heater) is the huge electrical box. I wanted to figure out an easy way to hide the electrical box, but still have easy access to it, and without spending a lot of money. Most important, I needed it to be a quick fix since it was during the One Room Challenge and time was of the essence. I first looked at art, but didn’t really find anything I liked. My second thought was to paint something but I wasn’t sure how it would turn out. A quick reminder of the before:
And the after:
- Canvas that will cover your electrical box (mine was 18×34) and I did a 2-inch thick canvas
- Staple gun
Yup, that’s it. I had some fabric that I bought awhile back to make pillows and well, that project hasn’t happened yet. I may or may not have gotten a sewing machine for Christmas. In 2015. That’s still in the box. Anyways, because I was planning to rock the sewing machine (I swear I will this year!), I, of course, purchased some fabric and decided to use it for this project instead. Luckily, I still have enough leftover to make a pillow or two 🙂
- Lay out the fabric on the floor or other flat surface
- Place the canvas face down on the fabric
- Cut the fabric to size, making sure there is enough to fold over the sides
- Fold the fabric over the canvas like a present, using a staple gun to secure the edges
- Hang with a nail a few inches above the electrical box
How do you hide eyesores in your house?